10 Questions for the Walrus Audio Design Team
The team at Sugaree Licks ran an online poll to guitarist from around the world. The question asked was “Who are the manufacturers with the most creative and amazing pedal artwork?” The leader in the clubhouse was a popular manufacturer out of Oklahoma, USA, Walrus Audio.
So we reached out to Tyler Evans at Walrus Audio to ask his design team 10 questions.
1. Do you have a single artist or utilize a team for your effect pedal artwork?
2. Where has some of the artwork inspiration come from?
3. Are there particular colors your team stays away from using?
4. How important do you feel the artwork is in relation to pedal sales?
5. Have you ever used a suggestion by a guitarist/fan for the name of a pedal or artwork idea?
6. What is the marketing teams favorite design to date for a Walrus Audio pedal?
7. Is there a possibility of a mythical character or beast on a future pedal?
8. Is there a particular beer Walrus Audio employees gravitate towards?
9. If you could get free user rights to one superhero or cartoon character for a pedal, who would it be? What kind of pedal would it be?
10. Will you be debuting any effect pedals at Winter NAMM 2020?
I would like to thank Tyler and his team for taking the time to answer our questions. Walrus Audio is making amazing looking, and more importantly sounding, guitar effect pedals. We are excited to see what the future holds for new items to add to our pedalboards. As always, user comments are appreciated.