Tone Freaks | Naked OD Overdrive
- No Alternate Versions Listed
Naked OD™ resulted from the collaboration between David Friedman of Friedman Amplification and Tone Freak Effects™. Friedman has built racks, pedal board, and amps for esteemed client such as Eddie Van Halen, Slash, The Offspring, Linkin Park, Tim Pierce, Jerry Cantrell and many more!
Friedman had the overall overdrive circuit of the Naked OD™ in his head. After a couple mods by Friedman and Tabata, Tone Freak helped get this great overdrive pedal into reality.
The Naked OD™ is a lighter overdrive guitar effects pedal, specifically design to drive classic British amps. Driving the front end of an already slightly or fully driven amp, the Naked OD™ can dirty boost your tone as well as giving you more “hair”. With a clean amp, the Naked OD™ adds a nice crunch for chord and solo work. However, the Naked OD really shines with those famous British amps.
The variable clipping via mini toggle adds the final touch to bring 3 different characteristics of overdrive to your guitar tone.
- 3-Way Mini-Toggle Positions Listed Below
- Left position uses symmetrical clipping and has the most “amp-like” characteristic of the clipping variations. This position has the most gain and compression compared to the other two positions.
- Right position engages the asymmetrical clipping. You will find this position to have a lower output volume from the Right position, so adjust your Level control to compensate.
- Middle position is also called the “diode lift” position. The Left and Right positions use diodes to clip the signal, but the Middle position doesn’t have any diodes, so the resulting tone is more “open” than the other two positions.
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Promotional Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Settings Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Artist(s) Used
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Album(s) On