Malekko | Ekko 616 MkII Analog Delay V2
Ekko 616 MkII Analog Delay
- Microchip (DSP, BBD, Etc.)
Ekko 616 Analog Delay LoFi (2011 – 2013)
Ekko 616 MkII Dark (2013 – Present)
For years, Malekko has been synonymous with the best quality BBD delays available. Today the evolution continues with the EKKO 616 MKII, a full featured yet compact delay with external modulation controls, an optional buffer, internal level pot and 650ms of pure analog bliss!
Not content to leave well enough alone, we decided to go through every aspect of our acclaimed EKKO 616 to see how it could be improved upon. Every detail was scrutinized, data sheets compared, parts swapped, and hours of listening followed before we were satisfied. These resulting hand picked components of the highest quality are used to achieve what we consider the nicest sounding, most musical analog delay pedal we’ve made!
The E616 MKII’s specially voiced repeats allow a larger bandwidth to pass than most traditional analog delays. Turn the mix pot all the way up and the repeats will be slightly louder than unity with the dry signal. The regeneration pot will take you from a simple slapback to a nice gentle decay of a few repeats then all the way to taking off into outer space with just a turn of the pot! Engage the modulation button and the EKKO 616 MKII takes on a whole new personality, from subtle chorusing or beautiful vibrato to way WAY beyond. Choose between true bypass or buffered bypass. The EKKO 616 MKII’s revised buffer circuit is smooth and transparent, even with many pedals on your board. Tired of annoying volume drops? An internal trimpot (labeled “gain”) will allow you to set the EKKO 616 MKII’s level to your specific setup.
The EKKO 616 MKII features these updates:
- The modulation range has been massaged to allow much finer tuning for a more balanced overall effect
- The MIX pot now allows louder effect levels
- – Improved buffering circuit resulting in flat response and allows hotter inputs, which makes it great for keyboard or outboard use!
- Redesigned protection circuit for enhanced component safety
- If your 616 has a green board inside, you have an EKKO 616. If your 616 has a blue board inside, you have an EKKO 616 MKII.
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Promotional Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Settings Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Artist(s) Used
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Album(s) On