PRS | Mary Cries
- No Alternate Versions Listed
If you’re after a supremely smooth and musical typical of compression, it’s hard to beat the time-tested tone of an optical design. The PRS Mary Cries compressor effects pedal is based on one of the most revered optical compressors of all time, putting the power and tone of countless classic hits into your hands, with a few modern enhancements. Thicken up your tone, rein in signal peaks, improve sustain, organically boost your sound: the Mary Cries does it all while perfectly retaining your signal’s clarity and definition. A simple 2-knob control scheme containing an Output Gain and Compression control are all you need to sculpt, squash, and temper your tone, allowing for quick and effortless adjustments, even mid-song. Finally, like all PRS products, the Mary Cries is built with only the highest-quality components and craftsmanship — and of course, its proudly made in the USA!
The PRS Mary Cries compressor epitomizes this utilitarian philosophy, sporting but two knobs that offer a myriad of harmonic-rich compression tones: Output Gain and Compression. Crank the level while keeping the compression low for a note-articulating boost; squash your sound with maxed-out compression; dial in a moderate amount of compression for an exceptionally musical limiting effect on your rhythms — the Mary Cries Compressor offers endless tonal possibilities!
- Based on an iconic optical compressor unit, with a few modern enhancements
- Incredibly musical and harmonic-rich compression that retains your signal’s inherent definition
- Exceptionally versatile — can be used as a note articulating boost, sustainer, signal peak controller, or simply as a traditional guitar compressor
- Simple 2-knob control scheme allows you dial widly different tones on the fly