Catalinbread | Formula 55 Tweed Overdrive
- Speaker/Amp Emulator
- JFET Transistor
- No Alternate Versions Listed
Big and powerful, yet refined, the Formula No. 55 melts into your amp, transforming it into a wide ranging tweed monster!
The Formula No. 55 is a Foundation Overdrive that reproduces, in exact detail, the preamp section of the classic Fender™ tweed 5E3 Deluxe using an all-discrete JFET-based signal path. The Volume and Tone controls replicate, part for part, the circuitry of the 5E3, giving you authentic tweed amp response. The output section is designed to give you punch and volume with a low output impedance to drive your amp perfectly. Set the Hi-Lo button to “Lo” for the cleaner response of a vintage tweed. “Hi” is like hot rodding your amp by swapping in higher gain tubes.
- Foundation series overdrive emulates classic tube amp sound — in a small footprint pedal
- Pedalboard-friendly, digitized Tweed Deluxe 5E3 circuitry for vintage overdrive sounds
- Presence (5kHz range level control), Tone (dark/light control) Master (output level), and Volume (gain) controls are topside for easy manipulation
- Control your stage amplitude while preserving sensitivity and expressive dynamics
- Hi/Lo switch lets you choose between vintage tweed sound and high-octane gain
- Powered with 9V battery or 9V-18V negative tip DC power supply only (neither is included)
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Promotional Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Settings Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Artist(s) Used
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Album(s) On