Alexander | Colour Theory Step Sequencer
Model Number or Name:
Circuit Type: Digital
- Microchip (DSP, BBD, Etc.)
Original Price: $199
Excellent Used Price: $169
Genre(s): All Genres
Year Released: 2018
Year Discontinued: 0
- No Alternate Versions Listed
The Colour Theory. Each step in its sequence is a new pathway to adventure, each new colour is part of a palette of mystery. Every moment brings a new surprise, as the patterns cycle and interact. The Colour Theory combines a versatile eight-step sequencer with a powerful effects processor, creating rhythmic combinations seldom heard outside of a rack of synths. It’s small but mighty, utilizing our Neo Series technology in a completely new way. What is a Step Sequencer? Imagine a drum machine that plays different sounds on each beat – kick, snare, kick, snare. Now replace those drum sounds with pedal settings, and you’re getting close. The Colour Theory allows you to preset different values for its effects – each step of the sequence may be set to any values you like, so as the sequence plays the effect changes automatically. You can set the Colour Theory to play a series of tones in OSC mode, or to open and close a filter in FLT mode. The only limit is your own imagination.
- Sequencer Controls: The pedal knobs have the following functions while the sequencer is running, and may be controlled by the expression pedal.
- Rate: Controls the speed of the sequencer. Rate may also be set by tapping the left footswitch.
- Steps: Controls the number of steps in the sequence, from 2 to 8.
- Mix: Controls the master mix between the effected sound and the direct signal. Please note that the Amount parameter also affects the mix between these two signals – the master Mix value will override the Amount parameter.
- (Level): Hold the Select button down and turn the Mix knob to set the overall output level of the pedal from -20dB to +10dB.
- Lag: Controls the “smoothness” or filtering of the step sequence counter. At low settings the sequenced effects will jump from one value to the next. At high settings, the sequenced effects will “slide” from one setting to another. Very high Lag and Rate settings will cause “smearing,” with the effect being unable to fully reach its destination – perfect for making the OSC mode into a police siren!
- Step Controls: The pedal knobs have the following functions when the sequencer is parked and are not controlled by the expression pedal:
- Ext.Ctl: Adjusts the value sent by the Colour Theory to your other devices using MIDI. This parameter is sequenced.
- Value: The main effect parameter of each mode. Pitch shift, delay time, filter frequency, tremolo rate, oscillator pitch, or PWM octave.
- Amount: Sets the blend between the direct and effected signal for the current step. Please note that the master Mix control also changes this blend. If the Amount is set to 100% but the master mix is set to 50%, the overall blend will be 50%. If Amount is set to 50% and master mix is set to 50%, the overall blend will instead be 25%.
- Tweak: The secondary parameter of each effect mode. Tone, delay feedback, filter resonance, tremolo wave, oscillator wave, or PWM modulation
Alexander Pedals Colour Theory
The Craziest Pedal I Own | Colour Theory
Alexander Pedals Colour Theory demo featuring Jasper Nephew
Alexander – Colour Theory
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Promotional Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Settings Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Artist(s) Used
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Album(s) On
Award Rank/Name: Review
Rank/ Score: Alexander Pedals Colour Theory Review