G & L Guitars | S-500
- Solid Body
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Guitar Type
- Irish Ale over Mahogany body, Tortoise pickguard, tinted gloss neck finish, Brazilian Cherry fingerboard
- Sonic Blue over Mahogany body, 3-ply White pickguard, tinted gloss neck finish, Brazilian Cherry fingerboard
- Vintage White over Mahogany, 3-ply White pickguard, tinted gloss neck finish, Maple fingerboard
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Versions
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Release Date
The G&L S-500™ debuted in 1982 as Leo Fender’s own evolution of the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe, delivering innovations including the Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato and Magnetic Field Design™ single-coil pickups, each designed by Leo Fender† himself. These MFD™ pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end and robust bottom end, all without losing midrange focus.
You’ll find plenty of punch in the MFD pickups, but what’s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the S-500’s PTB™ (Passive Treble and Bass) system which functions on all three pickups. What’s more, the G&L Tribute® Series S-500 includes a push-pull expander switch on the treble pot to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT™ Special. Talk about versatile!
The new G&L Tribute Series S-500 features one of Leo’s favorite pairings: the power of MFD pickups mellowed by the high porosity of a mahogany body. Making the most of this delicious combo is Leo’s Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
Leo’s forward-looking spirit is clearly reflected in the S-500, a guitar he designed for players who share that spirit. And now, it’s available at a price within reach of every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- SCALE: 25 1/2″
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ single coils made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Mahogany
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Brazilian Cherry fingerboard
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Features
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Review/Demo Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Promotional Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Settings Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Artists
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Albums