3 Monkeys | Orangutan 1 x 12 Tube
Orangutan 1 x 12
- Tube Amplifier
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Versions
We’ve dropped the Orangutan chassis in a 1×12 combo featuring our 3 Monkeys 8 ohm speaker.
The Orangutan 1×12 has the same unique six position rotary VOICE switch. The VOICE switch changes both the gain structure and the tone as you rotate it clockwise. The VOLUME control interacts with the VOICE switch to produce shimmering cleans and smooth overdriven tones. The BASS is more like a global low frequency control, while the TREBLE acts as a cut. The LIFT switch disables the BASS control to provide boost and clarity. ROOM is our focused reverb, no surf wash here. While this amp is a no gain monster, it is rooted in the classic tones of 70s rock. Not trying to specifically mimic any one amp the Orangutan has it’s own distinctive voice, suited to both stage and studio.
- Four 6V6 Power Tubes for approx. 30-35W
- Three ECC83 Preamp Tubes
- Custom Transformers by 3 Monkeys
- Hand-wired Preamp / Poweramp / Sockets / Pots / Jacks
- Capacitor Input Power Supply
- Footswitchable ‘Lift’ Control for Boost and Clarity.
- Cathodyne Phase Inverter
- Highest Quality Chassis Mount Tube Sockets
- GR-10 FR-4 Circuit Boards
- 3 Spring Reverb Tank
- Uniquely Shaped Solid Ply Cabinet (no rectangles here)
- Crushed Glass Faceplates with Industrial Silkscreen
Email Sugaree Licks any additions or corrections to Features
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Review/Demo Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Promotional Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Settings Videos
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Artists known to use this equipment
Email Sugaree Licks any additional Albums this equipment is used on